The Emulgel technology is a unique combination of a gel and cream, which is white in colour and has no strong odour. If you massage the Emulgel into your skin when you are rubbing it in, this motion can provide additional soothing benefits at the site of pain and inflammation!
Voltarol Back & Muscle Pain Relief 1.16% Gel
Contains 1.16% of diclofenac in a gel form and is suitable for 3 to 4 applications a day.
Voltarol Joint & Back Pain Relief 2.32% Gel
Containing more of the active ingredient diclofenac, the formula also has an added permeation enhancer which helps get the active ingredient deep into the tissue and joint area and lasts longer than the 1.16% gel. It only needs to be applied twice a day, morning and evening, for convenient long lasting pain relief.
Voltarol Heat Patch is a non-medicated form of thermotherapy made of flexible, breathable materials that contain natural compounds. Each Voltarol heat patch delivers up to 8 hours of 40°C heat to soothe your back pain. Voltarol for back pain can be as simple as opening up a heat patch and applying it to your skin.
How to use Voltarol for back pain
Voltarol treatment options for back pain are Voltarol gels and heat patches.
Using Voltarol gels
Using Voltarol gels for back pain couldn’t be simpler. Here’s how to use Voltarol gel:
- Read the leafelt carefully before using Voltarol Gel
- Open your tube of Voltarol gel
- Squeeze out an amount ranging in size from a one penny to two pence coin, depending on the size of the affected area.
- Gently rub into the skin above where you are experiencing body pain.
- Apply Voltarol gel as indicated on the product label.
- Start to regain your joy of movement.
A brace or non-sealed, breathable wrap or sports bandage commonly used for injuries like sprains can be used together with Voltarol gel, but do not apply Voltarol gel under occlusive (i.e. plastic, airtight, or watertight) dressings.
For further details regarding precautions to take when using Voltarol gels or other products, please read the FAQs below, or the product label and leaflet, and if in doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Heat patches for back pain
If you are using Voltarol for back pain, you may want to use our heat patch. How to use a Voltarol Heat Patch:
- Tear open the sleeve just before you are ready to use the patch.
- You don’t need to shake the patch to activate it.
- Remove the plastic backing, then place the patch on the affected area, either back, neck, or shoulders.
- Make sure you apply the adhesive side firmly to clean, dry skin.
- Next, feel the heat help soothe your back; it will heat up a few minutes after opening the sleeve and last up to 8 hours.
- To remove, just peel off slowly from one corner.
- Voltarol heat patches are single use and can’t be reheated. They shouldn't be cut or allowed to get wet.