Using Voltarol Heat Patch couldn’t be easier. Here’s how:
- Make sure your skin is clean, dry, and non-greasy.
- Tear open the sleeve just before you’re ready to use the patch (no need to shake!).
- Remove the plastic backing.
- Place the heat patch – adhesive side down – on the painful area, either on your back, shoulders or neck.
- Press firmly but gently to make sure the patch is on smoothly and in the correct position.
- The patch will start to heat up after a few minutes of opening, and reach maximum heat in 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy the soothing heat and start regaining your joy of movement.
The heat patch will start to heat up within a few minutes of being exposed to air, after opening the sleeve. So be sure to open it up just before you intend to apply the heat patch. The patches are single use, please don't try to reheat it in the oven or microwave!
Do not use the patch if it is torn or damaged or if the outer box has been tampered with, and don't cut or pierce the patch yourself, or let it get wet.
Request help from someone else to help accurate positioning of the heat patch in hard to reach areas such as the back or neck. You might also need help removing the patch, which you need to peel off slowly from one corner after use.
Do not leave the heat patch on the same area of skin for more than 8 hours in any 24 hour period, and do not use more than one heat patch per day on the same area of skin.
Stop use and contact you doctor if after seven days your pain gets worse or remains unchanged.